Before there was a New Testament, there was a church with a Bible. The first followers of Jesus adopted the Hebrew Bible as their Scriptures because Jesus said it told a story about him (Luke 24:44). Jesus never wrote anything he claimed to be “Scripture.” He never commanded his followers to go beyond the Scriptures they received.
So why do we have a “New” Testament? How did we get it? If the story of the Hebrew Bible is the story of Jesus, what story does the New Testament tell? And what do stories about Jesus, letters to ancient churches and a vision of the end times have to do with real life today?
In this Core Life Training class, we want to help you…
- Understand how we got the New Testament.
- Connect the Gospels, Letters and Revelation into one unified story.
- Relate the story of the New Testament with the story of the Old Testament.
- See the crucial link between the theology of the New Testament and living real life powerfully for God’s glory.
- Love Jesus more passionately through the New Testament.