Does it feel like the world is changing quickly? That things we assumed to be “true” or “right” are now up for grabs and being defined by the wind of the cultural moment?
We hear popular church leaders are saying we should ditch the Old Testament in order to reach people for Christ, that God saves everyone and the Bible’s sexual ethic isn’t fit for modern times.
In these days when the truth of the Bible is being challenged and redefined from every direction it’s crucial we know the Scriptures, trust the Scriptures and live the Scriptures.
In this Core Life Training Course I want to help you:
- Sense the importance of being clear in what you believe about Scripture.
- Understand the key historic elements of the Doctrine of Scripture.
- Wrestle with and answer some of the most common criticisms of Scripture.
- Relate the truth about Scripture to the confusing and difficult issues of real life.
- Love the Scriptures that are God’s words to us.
- What We Believe about the Scriptures Matters
- God Speaks to Us in the Scriptures (Inspiration)
- God Tells the Truth When He Speaks in the Scriptures (Inerrancy)
- You Can Understand the Scriptures (Clarity)
- The Scriptures are All You Need to Know God (Sufficiency)
- God Rules All Things through the Scriptures (Authority)
- God Does the Work of God through the Scriptures (Efficacy)
Jeff Olson is a Bible and theology teacher. He earned an M.Div. and Th.M. from Western Seminary in Portland Oregon. As the founder and lead teacher of Core Life Training, he brings real biblical and theological training to real people just like you and connects it with the real life they live. He is consistently asked by pastors and ministry leaders to teach Core Life classes throughout the Northwest as well as teach at retreats and other events. He has helped hundreds of people know God more deeply and love God more passionately over the last 25 years. He'd love to help you too.