This class runs 8 Monday nights June 19th through August 7th, 2017
Does the Old Testament feel outdated? Like a random collection of stories, laws, poems and prophecies about ancient people you can't relate to? Have you ever quit a read-through in Leviticus because it just didn’t seem to relate to your real life? If you struggle to understand the Old Testament, don’t worry--you’re not alone.
Lots of people are surprised to find out that the Old Testament is actually one big story about Jesus (Luke 24:44)! Most don't know that the Apostle Paul learned the gospel of salvation by grace through faith alone in the story of the Old Testament (Romans 1:1-2).
Understanding the Old Testament isn’t always easy so...
In this Core Life Training class, we want to help you:
- Connect the seemingly disconnected stories of the Old Testament into one unified story.
- Understand the overall message of the Old Testament.
- See the picture of Jesus in the Old Testament the way he and the New Testament writers did.
- Feel how crucial the Old Testament is for your faith and life today.
- Love Jesus more passionately through the Old Testament.